Sunday, July 5, 2015

Happy 4th of July

This week is the 4th of July. Summer is flying by and I haven't blogged as much as I had hoped I would. I hope to have more time in the coming weeks. 

Thursday, I asked a friend if she wanted a 4th of July shirt for her little girl. I told her if she provided the shirt, I would make her something patriotic. She came over about an hour later with a white tee shirt and a denim dress with stars both that she got on clearance at Baby Gap. The dress just begged to be monogrammed. So that night I created the following for this weekend. 


I opted to go with something generic red white and blue as opposed to something specifically for the 4th so that she could wear it the rest of the summer. I love the whole owl motif that is everywhere. I need to work on appliquéing and monograming on knit. It puckered a little bit. Still I loved the way it turned out. 

Yesterday, my friend sent me a picture of her sweetie pie dressed up for the 4th festivities. Such a cutie!




No comments:

Post a Comment