Friday, June 12, 2015

Taste and See

I've been kind of busy for the last couple weeks. My youngest child just graduated from high school.  It was a crazy time with parties, events and both sets of grandparents staying with us, but I still had some time to create a few things on my new embroidery machine. I'm having such fun with it. Before the grandparents arrived, I had embroidered them some kitchen towels. They were impressed. 


My parents were here a few days longer than the in-laws and so my mom recruited me to make some more towels for a couple of her friends who have up coming birthdays. I enjoyed  showing off my mad new skills to the woman who taught me everything I know about sewing. I wish I had a picture of my mom, dad, and myself gathered around the embroidery machine watching it do it's thing.


We wound up making a set of towels with the second one having just their last name. I love the way they turned out. I think these will make great gifts for wedding showers.


They look super cute hanging on the front of my oven. I'm going to have to make a set for myself.


After making ones for my mom to give away she decided she needed one with her last name on them. These ones below are hers. She says they are only for display and she is NEVER using them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment