Wednesday, May 6, 2015

"Whoo"s having a Baby?

It seems like this spring I have been to so many baby and wedding showers.  As my kids get older, I guess I am moving back into that phase of life.  In March I went to a baby shower for a friend's new grandbaby.  Since I don't really know her son or daughter-in-law, I looked at their registry and tried to pick fabric that went with the things they liked n the store.  It didn't hurt that I adored the colors and the owls in this fabric.  It turns out, the mom-to-be LOVES owls too.  She was quite tickled over this.

The project started out as just fancy burp cloths.....


 but after discovering such cute fabric I decided to do a little a-line dress too.


While not visible in the pictures, I made a diaper cover out of the orange fabric because who wants to see an ugly diaper under a dress.  This inspired me to make the dress reversible.  The dress reverses to the orange polka dot and I cut out one of the owls from the other fabric and machine appliqued it on.





No comments:

Post a Comment